This chutney is one of the favourite for the kebab eaters. The colour green appears form the ingredients we use in it.
The flavours of fresh mint and corinader gives an awesome colour and smell. It can be had with dosa and idlies too. Its the best combo with the starters like mutton, chicken kebabs.
Let’s get in to the work!
- Mint leaves – A handful
- Coriander leaves – A handful
- Cumin seeds – one tbsp
- Garlic pods – 2 to 3
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Shredded coconut – two tbsp
You can also temper once the chutney is made. Take a small pan add one tbsp of oil once the oil is heated up, add the tempering ingredients(listed below). This can be had with dosa and idli.
- Mustard seeds – one tsp
- Urad dal – one tsp
- Curry leaves – few
How to make :
1. Clean and wash both the leaves and drain the water and keep aside. Make the rest of the ingredients ready.
2. Take the things to the blender add salt and grind it thoroughly.
Tips : If you need to maintain the green colour add a pinch of sugar to it.
Green Chutney ready. You can save this chutney for 2 to 3 days in the refridgerator.