Curried Chicken-The only grounded paste I have used is tomato and onions.
This is one easy gravy to cook. The time given for the process in cooking gives the aroma and delicious curried chicken.
You can use bone and boneless chicken pieces too. The perfect taste for this is you can cook with country chicken.
- Chicken – 250gms
- Onion – 2(thin slices)
- Turmeric powder – One tsp
- Chilly powder – One tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – One tsp
- Coriander powder – One tbsp
- Bay leaves – One
- Star anise – One
- Cinnamon – 1 to 2(small sticks)
- Cloves – 2 to 4
- Green chilly – 2 to 3
- Curry leaves
- Ginger garlic paste – One tbsp
For grinding :
- Onion – One to Two big
- Tomato – One big
How to make :
1. Clean chicken and keep aside.
2. Take a deep bottom pan, heat up oil. Add curry leaves, bay leaves, star anise, cinnamon sticks, cloves, onion, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Saute well until the onion becomes soft.
3. Add turmeric powder and the grounded paste with chilly powder, coriander powder saute well till the masalas blend and becomes and thick gravy.
4. Add the chicken and water required for the chicken to cook. Don’t forget to add salt.
5. Close and cook for 15minutes. Once the chicken is cooked open stir add coriander leaves and switch of the flame
Delicious Curried Chicken ready. Great combo with chappathi.