Chicken are full source of proteins. I have taken the breast part of the chicken for this recipe. This part of chicken is good for cholesterol. I have used very less oil and the whole spices added to it gives an awesome aroma.
I have named this recipe because of the colour appears on the dish once it gets done. The Kashmiri red chilly powder makes the colour of the dish outstanding.
Let’s get into cooking !
- Chicken – 350gms(breast portion)
- Onion – 1 to 2
- Tomato – 1
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – One tbsp( finely chopped)
- Ginger – One tbsp( finely chopped)
- Curry leaves.
- Curd – One cup
- Lime juice – One tbsp
- The paste (mentioned below)
For grinding :
- Red chilly – 4 to 5
- Cumin seeds – One tbsp
- Fennel seeds – One tbsp
- Coriander seeds – One tbsp
- Pepper corns – One tbsp
(Add little water and make a paste, add to the marination)
How to make :
1. Cut the breast portion of the chicken, slice it into thin strips. Clean and drain the water keep aside.
2. Add the curd, lime juice, the grounded paste and marinate the chicken and set aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Take a pan, heat up oil( I have used only one tbsp of oil). Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic, onion and tomatoes. Saute well.
4. Add Kashmiri chilly powder and turmeric powder saute well.
5. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and salt, stir well. Add little water for the chicken to cook. If you need it to be a gravy add water according to it.
Spicy Red Curry Chicken ready to serve. Serve it with dosa, chappathi and even rice.