Chutney is one simple combo recipe for dosa and idly. Easy to make and if tamarind is added to it it can be kept for 2 to 3days.
Not much ingredients required and it can be made in minutes. This onion tomato chutney is good for bajji and pakora too. If you have shallots then it too good for this recipe, I have added big onions and tomatoes. You can also avoid tomatoes in this recipe. If you avoid tomatoes it’s typical hotel Kara chutney.
- Onion – One(big)
- Tomato – One
- Red chilly – 3 to 4
- Garlic pods – 3 to 4
- Cumin seeds – One tsp
- Curry leaves
- Shredded coconut – One tbsp(optional)
- Tamarind pulp – small amla/nellikai size
How to make:
1. Heat a Kadai add a tbsp of oil, add the cumin seeds, garlic pods, curry leaves, red chilly, onions and tomatoes with a pinch of salt saute well untill the onions and tomatoes get soft and mushy.
2. Add shredded coconut and tamarind plup. Stir and transfer it to a plate let it cool down.
3. Take it to a blender and grind well.
Spicy, Tangy Chutney ready to serve.